MOSM : Quick Overview
The MOSM Multiple Optic Scope Mount System is a quick release, mission configurable scope mounting solution. The new patent-pending quick mount locking clamp allows quick removal of the scope for storage, transport, or interfacing with different firearms. The quick mount locking clamp in cooperates a stainless steel rubbing plate, tool less adjustment, flat-sided cross bolts, and Unbrako hardware, with our newly designed throw lever. The features include a modular MIL-STD 1913 Picatinny rail system on the front and rear rings (circular array) which can be configured as needed. On the Alpha Model, (shown below) the modular rails can be positioned in the 90° or 45° positions and the mount body includes the integrated bubble level. A light-weight Bravo Model is also available.
MOSM : Multiple Optic Scope Mount
The KFS Industries Multiple Optic Scope Mount System (MOSM) combines a high quality CNC machined 7075-T6 hard anodized aluminum base, with integrated stainless steel, at critical stress and rail contact points. This is a true one-piece scope mount design. The full body and lower half of the rings are precision machined from one solid billet, to exact tolerances. These precise tolerances allow the rings to be perfectly aligned to ensure that even the best riflescope is not subjected to stress, or tension as the 8x Unbrako upper cap bolts are torqued tight. This also permits more of the scope ring surface to contact with your scope tube, and virtually eliminates the chances of misaligned rings and any need for lapping them.
Misaligned rings actually cause your scope’s main tube to bend, causing distortion and requiring you to use excessive amounts of windage and elevation. This moves the scope farther from its optical center. The farther you are from the optical center, the more likely you are to have distortion and a darker sight picture. The standard installation of even the cheapest rifle scope requires you lap the rings to correct this. The KFS Industries Multiple Optic Scope Mount (MOSM) is designed to be a total drop in solution, which requires no lapping, or aligning. This quick detach one piece scope mount, makes installation of your high-end optic or budget scope a breeze.
MOSM Scope Mount Features
- A true one-piece mount (Full body is machined from one single billet)
- CNC Machined out of a solid piece of 7075 T6 aircraft-grade aluminum alloy
- Integrated Stainless Steel at MIL-STD rail contact points, and cap bolt inserts
- Unbrako hardware used throughout to reduce the risk of failure
- Flat sided cross bolts for more rail contact, and excellent installation repeatability
- Installs on any MIL-STD 1913 Picatinny Rail configuration
- Patent-pending quick-detach is not affected by recoil forces, and prevents accessory rails from shearing off
- Allows finger tightening and tool less adjustment, for a quick and semi-permanent scope attachment
- Modular Mil-STD rail system provides additional rail space for rifle or scope accessories
- Center of objective 1.44” above the rail for optimum co-witness with ancillary or Night Vision devices
- Meets or exceeds all requirements for the Army’s CSASS project